We all have data, not just data but a huge amount of data. Either you are running a small firm or you just have a hobby of photography or videography where you just collect a big amount of data and you don’t know where to store them. Yeah, buying an external pair of the hard drive is a solution but we may need those data anytime. It is not necessary that we always carry those HDD along with us. So, what’s the next option, buying a cloud storage? But who wants to keep paying them monthly or yearly. All we need is a simple solution which can be obtained by paying once and can be used from anywhere like a cloud storage. So, if you are dealing with such problem, then keep reading the post, we have a perfect solution for you known as My Cloud Home.
My Cloud Home, your solution for Data Storage.
We have got for you as a product called My Cloud Home from Western Digital Company. And the best thing about this product is that it easily gets connected to the wireless router at your home or office. Even to set up this device is also quite easy which can be done using the manual provided with the product. You need to set up this by going to its website www.mycloudhome.com and create an account in order to use this device. But at first, you need to connect this Hard drive with the wireless router at your home. It must have an internet access which will make your drive online like any other cloud storage. But the catch here is, that you need to pay once for this device and you are the owner of it. No annual fee, No sign-up fee, No maintenance fee.
What are the features of My Cloud Home?
One of its essential features is that you can add the number of users who can access this drive and set their limitations too. The limitations can be in the usage of space and privacy for viewing of another users file. Along with accessing, you can even stream the videos upon your phone that is saved in your My Cloud Home. It’s like a personal cloud storage of your own. So, below are the steps you need to follow in order to set up your My Cloud Home once you buy it.
How to use My Cloud Home?
Step: 1 First you need to go to www.mycloudhome.com and sign up for free.
Step 2: Once you sign up, you need to download its desktop or mobile app either IOS or Android app.
Once you are done with these steps, just connect you’re My Cloud Home with internet and you can push your data into it. The data can be photos, videos, applications, software or maybe files.
Once the data is fed into my cloud home, it automatically categorizes them according to the category. All photos at one place, videos at one places. The data back up is so easy as you just need to drag and drop the data. If you are trying to upload the data to my cloud home from your smartphone. The transfer speed would depend upon your internet speed as the data is transferred to my cloud via your network.
Let’s talk about some of the advantages of using My Cloud Home:
- It is easy to find content uploaded to my cloud home. As it categorizes the files automatically according to their category.
- You can give individual and private spaces for each user maintaining the privacy of employees at your office.
- It can be even customized with third-party applications such as Dropbox, Google drive, IFTT, etc.
- You can set up auto backup for your PCs and MAC computers at your home and office.
- Since my cloud home is secured with the password. Your privacy is maintained and also your data is not stored on anyone else server. Its stored at your home on your device so there is very less chance of breach.
We talked about the various benefits of this device. But we are humans and we love to find out flaws and problems in everything we see or use.
So let us talk about some of the issues of this My Cloud Home:
- So, the first con can be internet connectivity. Whatever files are stored on this drive can only be accessed via the internet. If there is an issue with the internet, then you can’t access the files stored on it.
- Another issue which can be there I if there is no power in your home. Then you won’t be able to access this device.
This device is available in various capacities ranging from 2 TB to 16TB. Its price starts from 160 USD for the base model to 700 USD for the higher model. You can buy this for yourself from the given link below:
- Top Cool Websites worth Visiting.
- Best Free Windows Softwares.
- Blackberry Key2, a smartphone by Blackberry.
So how did you find our content? Kindly comment down below and let us know. We read all the comments and improve our content based on that.