If you are a windows user for a long time. You would know that keyboard shortcuts are the best way to use the PC or laptop. While Windows 10 now supports cool gesture and the track pad have got better, nothing is as fast as using a simple keyboard shortcut to get the job done. So, if you want to be keyboard ninja on windows 10 which I am using as of now, I have got you covered.
Today I am going to share some really cool Windows 10 keyboard shortcuts which I have been using for getting my tasks done faster and easier without using mouse or track pad. So, let’s start with our list.
- If you are like me who takes a lot of screenshots while using the internet. Searching for the snippet tool or using the print screen then cropping the required part is too much of a work when the day has just 24 hours. Alternatively, you can use “Windows + Shift + S” and select the area of the screen you would wish to capture. Isn’t it so simple? Though, there is a little thing I should mention that the cropped image is not automatically saved. Hence, you will have to paste it and save it manually. Also, keep in mind that this keyboard shortcut works only with the updated version of Windows 10 creators update.
Snap Windows Easily
- If you like to multitask like me who always dedicates half of my screen to YouTube and another half to my work or browsing internet. Then, boy oh boy you will love this screenshot no less than a blessing. Sure, you can use the mouse to snap windows but this shortcut is certainly the faster and easier way. All you need to do is press Window + “Left or Right Key” and your current window will snap to the left or right smoothly. Isn’t it cool? Try pressing up and down keys with the Windows key and say me what happens in the comment section below.
- Renaming a file demands a total of two clicks but does it deserve that amount of time and hassle. No, I don’t think so. Well, here is an alternate easy way to do so. Just select the folder or file you want to rename and press F2 key and that’s it. Now you can rename it with both your hands since you never left the keyboard. Quite easy huh?
- If you ever have been mac user previously, you must have used the virtual desktop feature a lot. Well, Microsoft introduced this feature in Windows 10. If you love the virtual desktop features on windows, then you are about to appreciate this keyboard shortcut a lot. If you press the keyword combo “Windows + CTRL + D”, a new virtual desktop opens up at disposal and if you have already opened multiple virtual desktops. All you need to do is, press the keyboard combo “WINDOWS + CTRL + Either LEFT or RIGHT” to switch between them. Incredibly easy, isn’t it?
- You are researching some topic and you are taking reference from multiple websites and copying texts. But what you see is the copied texts comes with the formatting of its own which can make your document looks absurd. Here is how you can avoid that. Just copy the texts like normally you would do and while pasting, use the keyboard combos “CTRL + SHIFT + V” instead of usual “CTRL + V” and you will observe the text being pasted without any formatting. It will definitely save you from a lot of hassle.
- Since I am one hell of a gamer. Hence, this is certainly a handy keyboard shortcut for everyone who loves playing PC games like me. Just press “WINDOWS + G” and game bar opens up. From the bar, you can directly open up XBOX store, record live game sessions which will also come handy for situations when you want to record games for some other purpose. And yeah, you can also take screenshots and broadcast gameplay through XBOX live. It’s one keyboard shortcut that opens up a lot of features.
- If you just have a minute to rush out of your room and there are many processes going on your Laptop or Desktop as of the moment, shutting down would take a lot of time. The easy way out would lock the screen using keyboard combo “WINDOWS + L” fast.
- Let’s say you are working on a PC doing something personal and suddenly any of your friends barges into your place. The fastest you can hide it all is by pressing the keyboard combo “WINDOWS + T”. it will minimize every window and I bet your friend will be left wondering, why the hell was you staring at your desktop so seriously.
- You must be knowing about the keyboard shortcut “CTRL +” to zoom in and “CTRL _” to zoom out. But if you wish to get back to the normal resolution from the zoomed in or zoomed out pic. You can do it by simply by pressing keyboard combo “CTRL + 0”.
- If you pinned your favorite and most used apps in the taskbar. Here is an easy way of launching them quickly. Just press the keyboard combo “WINDOWS + 1” to open up the first app from left. Now, if you wish to open the fifth app from left then just press “WINDOWS + 5”. Smooth, isn’t it?
- I hope you loved my content and learned something new. If you did, please comment down below and share this content with your friends and family. It will motivate me to keep bringing such contents every day. Also, if you think I have missed out any of your favorite keyboard shortcuts, do let me find out in the comment down below. I will surely add to my next post.